Cypress Grade rules are outlined in the Rules for the Measurement and Inspection of Hardwood & Cypress from the National Hardwood Lumber Association. Grades are according to use, manufacture, size and moisture content.
- Finish grades: Select and “D”
- Commons: No. 1, No. 2, No. 3
- Shop grades: No. 1, No. 2
- Peck grades: No. 1, No. 2
- Timbers: No. 1, No. 2, No. 3
The Finish grades are of the highest quality and should be specified for any appearance application. General dimensions are …
- Thicknesses: 4/4 through 16/4
- Widths: 4 to 12 inches
- Lengths: 6 to 16 feet
For more information on cypress grades, please visit the National Hardwood Lumber Association website.